Installing a fence involves more work than digging post holes and nailing boards together. In addition to updating the appearance of your home, a good fence design can add value and security. Take some time to look at the variety of fence designs in your neighborhood. Whether you want a privacy, picket or boundary fence, there are many attractive options in a range of prices.
Consider the following list of things when choosing exactly what kind of fence you’d like:
- Which type of fence matches your home and neighborhood? Look at fences in your neighborhood and see which styles strike you as the most attractive.
- How close can the fence be to the property line?
- What is your budget?
- What is the purpose of the fence? Do you want privacy? Should it be high enough to contain a pet or a child? Is it decorative and bordering flowerbeds? Is it a security fence? Will the fence enclose a pool area?
- Are you willing to regularly maintain a wood fence, or is metal a better option?
- If you choose a wood fence, will it need painting or staining?
- Does the decorative side of the fence face your home, or your neighbor’s? Will the fence impede your neighbor’s view or enjoyment of their yard, living area or office?
- Research pricing of various fences while keeping your budget in mind.
A little planning will help you choose the right type of fence. Don’t hesitate to contact us and ask any questions you may have about materials or the installation process.